Safe Environment Program
In order to volunteer and visit our campus, our parish requires the completion of the Safe Environment Program. The Safe Environment Program has been adopted to:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for the minors and vulnerable adults in our faith community.
- Reduce the possibility of false accusations against clergy, employees and volunteers.
- Provide a structure for evaluating a person’s suitability to work with minors or vulnerable adults.
Provide a system to respond to the victim and his/her family as well as the accused.
Who must be screened?
- All clergy and staff of the Parish and School
- All volunteers including those who work with MINORS (under 18) or VULNERABLE ADULTS (Vulnerable Adults are those who for reasons of mental or physical impairment cannot recognize danger or if they do, cannot extract themselves from a dangerous situation).
SPX SCHOOL PARENTS: All families who choose to fulfill their required volunteer hours OR if you plan on accompanying your child on field trips, coaching, Fall Carnival, field day, etc., you must be screened and cleared through the safe environment program.
- Parents should not drop students off at school until official supervision begins at 7:25 a.m. Students MUST be picked up by 3:25 p.m. If you need after-school care contact the YMCA (on-site after school); arrangements are made directly with them at (469) 348-9622.
- An adequate number of CLEARED adults (minimum of 2) will be present at parish-sponsored events involving children/youth. If you notice that proper supervision is not in place, (especially for extracurricular events held on campus—athletic practices, scouts, etc.) we ask that you stay with your child until the requirement is met.
All parish/school events involving minors have specific starting and ending times—please do not put YOUR CHILD at risk by ignoring the guidelines. Many teachers/volunteers have taken the responsibility to supervise your child—we must not take advantage of their generosity.
Child Abuse Awareness
If you believe that you, or someone you know, is a victim of past or present abuse or sexual abuse, please notify law enforcement. In the event the abuse involves a minor, please also contact the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services through the Texas Abuse Hotline at 1-800-252-5400 or www.txabusehotline.org). Finally, if the abuse involves a member of the clergy, a parish employee, or a diocesan employee, please also notify the Diocese of Dallas Victims Assistance Coordinator, Barbara Landregan, at 214-379-2812 or email@example.com.
Questions or concerns regarding the Safe Environment Program at St. Piux X should be directed to the Church office at 972-279-6155. You can also see the details of the full program on our parish website.