School Nurse: Mr. Thad Shearin
Clinic Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:30AM-3:45PM and Fridays until 3:30PM.
- Please be sure to keep us updated on any changes on your child/children’s emergency contact number through the Renweb.
- Students will be re-admitted to class 72 hours fever free without fever reducing medication.
- Report all communicable diseases, including strep throat, chicken pox, pink eye, skin disease, etc.
- Student should remain at home when they exhibit signs and symptoms of flu.
- Immunizations should be completed & updated in accordance to Texas Department of State Health Services to prevent communicable diseases. The law requires student to be fully vaccinated. The only exemption to the requirement is a medical exemption signed by a licensed physician authorized to practice in the State of Texas.
- We are no longer using the nebulizer in the school. If your child has an asthma flare-up, please keep at home.
- Medication of any kind can be administered only when brought to the school in the pharmacy’s container, labelled with the student’s name, date, prescription number, prescribed dosage, and physician’s name.
- Medication must be delivered and picked up by the parents.
- Medication forms can be picked up from the nurses’ office. This form must be signed by the doctor & parent/s and returned to the office before medications can be administered.
- No child should carry medicine to and from school or in the classroom.
- It is the responsibility of the parents to inform the school of any change in the administration of the medication.
Encourage your child on hand washing both at home and at school. Hand sanitizers are available at the cafeteria, bathrooms for students to use before and after.
Spinal screenings will be done in the fall for girls in 5th and 7th grade and boys in 8th grade
Hearing and Vision testing will be done in the spring for grades: PK, Kinder, 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th.
Information with specific dates, etc... will be sent home - watch for the emails.